New Delhi: Bharatiya Kisan Sangh leader Rakesh Tikait on Monday joined the ongoing protest against the alleged “discriminatory policy” of procurement of food grains at Telangana Bhawan of Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS).
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao is leading the protest, and is accompanied by TRS leaders.
Speaking to the media, Telangana Chief Minister’s daughter TRS MLC K Kavita urged the Center to procure the crop and demanded a common procurement policy for the country.
“Our farmers are not getting the right price. We request the central government to procure paddy from our state. We demand a common procurement policy. Rakesh Tikait earlier also with CM K Chandrashekhar Rao on agriculture issues We have spoken and he has come here to support us,” said Kavita.
TRS MPs, MLCs, MLAs and other elected representatives are taking part in the “dharna”, while claiming that “the Centre’s policy is discriminatory towards Telangana farmers”.
Recently, TRS activists blocked four national highways in Telangana to suppress their demand for a “uniform” procurement policy in the country. The party decided to hold a protest in Delhi to raise the issue at the national level.
Earlier on Sunday, while addressing the media, Kavita said that the country’s food security would be in danger if the ‘Equal Purchase’ policy is not formulated by the Centre.
- India, EU decide to start trade, technology
- Natural farming is the need of the hour: NITI Aayog CEO
- Shiv Sena slams BJP over Hanuman Chalisa controversy
- Bhagwant Mann’s Delhi tour with Arvind Kejriwal
- BJP skips all-party meeting over loudspeakers in Maharashtra
- Supreme Court will hear the petition after the abrogation of Article 370
- 85 of the great Oriya writer Binapani Mohanty. died at the age of
- Pak boat carrying heroin worth around Rs 280 crore caught
- Yes or No to Prashant Kishor? Congress meeting today after KCR
- Thieves used excavator to dig ATM machine in Maharashtra