New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today congratulated the newly elected Prime Minister of Pakistan, Shahbaz Sharif.
Congratulating Mr. Sharif, PM Modi also sent a message that “India wants peace and stability in a terror-free zone.”
Congratulations to His Excellency Mian Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif on being elected as the Prime Minister of Pakistan. India seeks peace and stability in a terror-free region, so that we can focus on our development challenges and ensure the well-being and prosperity of our people.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 11 April 2022
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President and former Leader of the Opposition Shahbaz Sharif was elected the 23rd Prime Minister of Pakistan by the National Assembly after securing 174 votes.
Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif’s younger brother was set to occupy the top post after the former Prime Minister Imran Khan-led Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government was ousted from power following a no-confidence motion against the government.
As a result of voting on the no-confidence motion, the Imran Khan-led government was defeated by 174 votes in favor of the no-confidence motion.
Mr Sharif’s candidature as the opposition’s choice for the post of prime minister was disclosed by Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari during a joint press conference of opposition parties on March 30.
- India, EU decide to start trade, technology
- Natural farming is the need of the hour: NITI Aayog CEO
- Shiv Sena slams BJP over Hanuman Chalisa controversy
- Bhagwant Mann’s Delhi tour with Arvind Kejriwal
- BJP skips all-party meeting over loudspeakers in Maharashtra
- Supreme Court will hear the petition after the abrogation of Article 370
- 85 of the great Oriya writer Binapani Mohanty. died at the age of
- Pak boat carrying heroin worth around Rs 280 crore caught
- Yes or No to Prashant Kishor? Congress meeting today after KCR
- Thieves used excavator to dig ATM machine in Maharashtra