Chandigarh: Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala today came under sharp attack from Punjab’s ruling Aam Aadmi Party over his latest song, with party leaders accusing him of calling the people of the state anti-nationals.
Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu, who is also known by his stage name Sidhu Moose Wala, released his latest song ‘Scapa Bakara’, in which he talks about his defeat in the recent assembly elections.
Moose Wala, who contested on Congress ticket from Mansa assembly seat, was defeated by AAP’s Vijay Singla by a margin of 63,323 votes.
AAP leader Malvinder Singh Kang today alleged that Moose Wala called the people of Punjab.traitor (traitor)” in his latest song and demanded the Congress to clarify its stand on “objectionable” songs.
“The song reflects the mindset of the Congress towards the people of Punjab,” Kang alleged. “Moose wala called three crore Punjabis” traitor in his song.”
He asked Congress to throw Moose Wala out of the party.
Slamming Moose Wala, AAP MLA from Amritsar East Jeevan Jyot Kaur tweeted, “Punjabis are neither traitors nor hypocrites. We have a rich history and we always stand for justice and truth. On our words. pay attention.”
Punjabis are neither anti-nationals nor hypocrites @SidhuMoosevwala We have a rich history and have always stood for justice and truth. mind your words.
— jeevanjyot kaur (@jeevanjyot20) 12 April 2022
Punjab minister Harjot Bains also hit out at the singer and called the song “shameful”.
“Our Guru Sahib has taught that humility is the greatest virtue. Defeat should be taken as a lesson of introspection. But Sidhu Moose Wala has lost his mind in arrogance. The people of Punjab have voted with their hearts, The voice of the people has been called. traitor Shameful,” Mr Bains tweeted.
- India, EU decide to start trade, technology
- Natural farming is the need of the hour: NITI Aayog CEO
- Shiv Sena slams BJP over Hanuman Chalisa controversy
- Bhagwant Mann’s Delhi tour with Arvind Kejriwal
- BJP skips all-party meeting over loudspeakers in Maharashtra
- Supreme Court will hear the petition after the abrogation of Article 370
- 85 of the great Oriya writer Binapani Mohanty. died at the age of
- Pak boat carrying heroin worth around Rs 280 crore caught
- Yes or No to Prashant Kishor? Congress meeting today after KCR
- Thieves used excavator to dig ATM machine in Maharashtra