New Delhi: Delhi Water Minister Satyendar Jain on Tuesday alleged that BJP MP Manoj Tiwari, along with around 300 people, forcibly entered the Delhi Jal Board’s Sonia Vihar underground reservoir (UGR) and created a ruckus there.
The BJP leader denied the allegation and termed it as “fake news”.
Anticipating disruption in water supply, Jain asked Delhi Police to take cognizance of the incident.
He tweeted, “Delhi BJP MP Manoj Tiwari MP along with 300-400 people has forcibly entered Sonia Vihar UGR and is creating a ruckus. If Delhi’s water supply is disrupted, BJP will be responsible for it.
— Satyendra Jain (@SatyendraJain) 12 April 2022
Mr. Jain had inaugurated the Sonia Vihar UGR with a capacity of 2.68 crore liters on March 2.
The UGR increased water supply to Karawal Nagar and Mustafabad assembly constituencies in northeast Delhi, benefiting nearly six lakh residents of unauthorized colonies such as Shiv Vihar, Ankur Enclave, Mahalaxmi Enclave, Ambika Vihar, Johripur, Dayalpur and Sadatpur.
Fake News! There will be an FIR against the Indian government for lying to the one who tells the lie.
A person is capable of 24 replies from a satellite operating according to the AMRUT scheme. https://t.co/q26HgET4a6pic.twitter.com/uJXzIIRKy6
— Manoj Tiwari (@ManojTiwariMP) 12 April 2022
Responding to Mr. Jain’s allegation, Mr. Tewari tweeted: “Fake news! FIR will be lodged against a false minister in the government for fake tweets.” He said that the central government had given funds for the construction of UGR under the AMRUT scheme and the Aam Aadmi Party ministers took the credit.
- India, EU decide to start trade, technology
- Natural farming is the need of the hour: NITI Aayog CEO
- Shiv Sena slams BJP over Hanuman Chalisa controversy
- Bhagwant Mann’s Delhi tour with Arvind Kejriwal
- BJP skips all-party meeting over loudspeakers in Maharashtra
- Supreme Court will hear the petition after the abrogation of Article 370
- 85 of the great Oriya writer Binapani Mohanty. died at the age of
- Pak boat carrying heroin worth around Rs 280 crore caught
- Yes or No to Prashant Kishor? Congress meeting today after KCR
- Thieves used excavator to dig ATM machine in Maharashtra