According to two sources familiar with the package, the US is expected to announce soon to send hundreds of millions of dollars in new military aid to Ukraine.
The final amount was not finalized until Tuesday, but is expected to be closer to $700 million.
President Joe Biden is expected to use his drawdown authority to authorize a new aid package for Ukraine.
If approved, the addition of about $700 million in security aid would bring the total aid to Ukraine since the beginning of the Biden administration to more than $3 billion, including about $2.5 billion since Russia launched an invasion of Ukraine. Are included.
According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, Ukraine’s 2020 defense budget was only $6 billion. In less than two months, the US has provided nearly half of the security aid, the pace at which the White House has worked to send weapons and equipment.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
- Kemp and Perdue clash over 2020 election results in Georgia
- McCarthy’s latest introduction to Trump paints America
- Blinken and Austin travel to Kyiv to meet Zelensky
- Democrats see slipping economic opportunity to expand
- Utah Democrats back independent Ivano
- John Kerry is trying to convince the world to commit
- Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren: Democrats Will Lose
- Rick Santorum Fast Facts | CNN Politics
- Violence against US politicians and diplomats fast facts
- Building a movement around Putin’s jailed Alexei Navalny