At the post-match presentation ceremony, Dubey said, “Certainly, someone like Yuvi Pa is always a role model for a left-hander. Many people told me that I play like him. So, obviously on my side. Lots of respect.” If he upped his game on Yuvraj Singh.
Dubey is known to be an inconsistent performer but this move by CSK seems to have given him a new lease of life as he has been in scintillating form during the season.
With 207 runs, he is currently the second highest run-scorer this season behind Jos Buttler.
His runs have also come at an incredible strike rate of 176.92.
One of the few bright spots for CSK this season so far, Dubey said he is happy to contribute to the defending champions’ first win of the year.
“We were looking for the first win and I am really happy that I contributed for my team,” he said.
Speaking about his form, he said that he is focusing on the basics. He also said that he got good advice from many senior players including MS Dhoni.
“I am more focused this time. I focus on my core. I spoke to many senior players and Mahi bhai also helped me improve my game. He said you have a good game, Just focus, just stay still, don’t do anything and let the skills work in the game,” Dubey said.
He said of his innings against RCB, “I wanted to time the ball well. Wherever it’s coming, I’m still there and me and I try to hit it and keep our balance.” ”
With this win, CSK have moved up to the ninth position in the points table.
Topics mentioned in this article
- Man shot, on camera, after killing ex-wife, daughter
- F1 world champion Max Verstappen receives Laureus World
- Yes or No to Prashant Kishor? Congress meeting today after KCR
- Tamil Nadu took steps to cut off the power of the governor
- Maharashtra: After Kitty Somya family, Delhi BJP
- “At least he will speak less”: On Krunal Pandya’s dismissal
- Prime Minister in Jammu | You will not have to face the troubles of your parents
- “She Should Have Smith”: Krunal Pandya’s ‘Kiss’
- France’s Emmanuel Macron wins second term, other top