Honolulu, United States of America: Defense Minister Rajnath Singh paid tribute to Mahatma Gandhi at the statue in Hawaii.
Mr Singh is in the air capital for a brief visit to the headquarters of the United States Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM), the unified combatant command of the US Armed Forces responsible for the major Indo-Pacific region. He arrived in Honolulu from Washington on Wednesday.
Sharing a picture, Rajnath Singh tweeted on Thursday, “Paying tributes to revered Bapu at his statue in Honolulu, Hawaii.”
Paying homage at the statue of revered Bapu in Honolulu, Hawaii. pic.twitter.com/oyfUy7MnVW
— Rajnath Singh (@rajnathsingh) 14 April 2022
There is extensive engagement between USINDOPACOM and the Indian Army, which includes numerous military exercises, training programs and exchanges.
Rajnath Singh arrived in the US on Sunday to attend the India-US ‘2+2’ ministerial dialogue in Washington on Monday with External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar – the first under the Biden administration.
The US side at the talks was represented by US Secretary of State Antony Blinken and US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin.
Ahead of the 2+2 talks, Rajnath Singh held a bilateral meeting with Secretary Austin and reviewed the entire gamut of India-US defense ties and agreed to take the military-to-military relationship forward.
Mr Singh and Mr Jaishankar also participated in a virtual meeting between US President Joe Biden and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- India, EU decide to start trade, technology
- Natural farming is the need of the hour: NITI Aayog CEO
- Shiv Sena slams BJP over Hanuman Chalisa controversy
- Bhagwant Mann’s Delhi tour with Arvind Kejriwal
- BJP skips all-party meeting over loudspeakers in Maharashtra
- Supreme Court will hear the petition after the abrogation of Article 370
- 85 of the great Oriya writer Binapani Mohanty. died at the age of
- Pak boat carrying heroin worth around Rs 280 crore caught
- Yes or No to Prashant Kishor? Congress meeting today after KCR
- Thieves used excavator to dig ATM machine in Maharashtra