Ravichandran Ashwin is among the three Indians named in the list.© AFP
Rishabh Pant was selected as the wicketkeeper. Had he been able to convert scores of 97 (in Sydney), 89* (in Brisbane) and 91 (in Chennai) into centuries, his numbers would have been much better. He has been compared to the great Adam Gilchrist in the way he demolished Australia and England at the start of the year.
Ravichandran Ashwin and Axar Patel have taken 54 and 36 wickets this year at 16.64 and 11.86 respectively.
Australia’s Marnus Marnus Labuschagne was the only player from the national team to be included in the list.
Cricket Australia Test XI of 2021: Rohit Sharma, Dimuth Karunaratne (c), Marnus Labuschagne, Joe Root, Fawad Alam, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravi Ashwin, Kyle Jamieson, Axar Patel, Hasan Ali, Shaheen Shah Afridi
Topics mentioned in this article
- How this lawyer is helping girls teach their legal rights
- South Africa’s Marais Erasmus named ICC Umpire of the Year
- Your murder in Lakhimpur Kheri, police protection
- surpassing your godly honor
- We took turns a while back, but needed a result
- Must See: Bride’s Flexible Steps During Varamala
- Virat Kohli’s reaction after daughter’s picture goes viral
- Politics on silence, Meghalaya’s political leaders sang ‘Ye’
- “Can’t Run In The Team”: Aakash Chopra On Out Of Future
- National Girl Child Day: Actor Taapsee Pannu appeals to the people