Ruturaj Gaikwad made his T20 International debut against Sri Lanka in Colombo in July last year.© Instagram
The 24-year-old Ruturaj, who hails from Pune, was the leading scorer in the 2021 Indian Premier League, scoring 635 runs and was instrumental in helping Chennai Super Kings win the title.
According to Sharma, Ruturaj was rewarded for his brilliant performance.
“We have picked him (Ruturaj). Now it is up to the (team) management that when he can play in the XI, when he is needed and how to go about the combination, we will coordinate these things.
“But, currently, he (Ruturaj) was also in the T20I squad against New Zealand and he is now in the ODI. He is doing well and he is rewarded for it,” said Sharma himself, former India pacer. Added as a bowler.
After his IPL high, the opener continued his stellar performances in the Vijay Hazare Trophy as well and was the leading scorer there, scoring 603 runs in five matches, with his highest score being 168.
He made his T20 International debut against Sri Lanka in Colombo in July last year.
Topics mentioned in this article
- Weekend will hang in Delhi, member government has given Deputy
- Under-19 World Cup: The pace of Afghanistan’s fast bowler Bilal Sami
- tech technology for the year 2022
- India vs South Africa, 2nd ODI: Will Suryakumar Yadav
- Good Morning India: SP angry Imran Masood, yesterday
- 3 lakh in the wave of storm in the country
- ICC U19 Cricket World Cup: Umpire gets a shock
- Delhi recommends ending weekend curfew, restrictions continue
- India vs South Africa: Sanjay Manjrekar suggests change
- UP: Management Theme of Election Management, Sugarcane