New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today released Rs 20,900 crore as the 10th installment of financial assistance under PM-KISAN scheme to over 10.09 crore (100 million) farmers across India.
PM Modi released the amount to the beneficiaries in a program organized through video conference.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan) scheme, a financial benefit of Rs 6,000 per year is provided to eligible farmer families, payable in three equal installments of Rs 2,000 each. The money is directly transferred to the bank account of the beneficiaries.
During the virtual event, the Prime Minister also released equity grant of over Rs 14 crore to around 351 Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs), benefiting 1.24 lakh farmers.
The virtual event was attended by nine chief ministers, several ministers from different states and representatives of agricultural institutions.
On this occasion, Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar said that on the first day of the new year 2022, about 20,900 crore rupees are being transferred to about 10.09 crore beneficiaries. He also said that the PM-Kisan program was launched as part of the government’s effort to double the income of farmers.
The 9th installment of PM-KISAN was released in August 2021.
With the latest installment released, the total amount provided under the scheme has gone up to around Rs 1.8 lakh crore. PM-KISAN scheme was announced in the budget of February 2019. The first installment was for the period from December 2018 to March 2019.
(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- Raids on Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi
- Arvind Kejriwal targets Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit
- Clubhouse chat targeted Muslim women, panel asked police to take action
- Coronavirus: India should use risk-based approach, not
- PM Modi appeals to BJP workers
- 5 points on AAP’s Punjab frontman Bhagwant Mann
- No Molnupiravir, Monoclonal Antibody Cocktail Therapy In
- Supreme Court will hear the petition which states that the parties should be
- India will provide assistance to the families of 2 Indians killed
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra targeted the Uttar Pradesh government