- The film will release on January 7
- The film is directed by SS Rajamouli
- The film also stars Alia Bhatt and Ajay Devgn
Mumbai: Director SS Rajamouli’s much-awaited period action film RRR (Rise Roar Revolt) Amidst the increase in the cases of coronavirus in the country and concerns over the new Omicron variant has been postponed once again. The Telugu-language film, starring South stars – Ram Charan and Jr NTR, was scheduled to hit the cinema halls on January 7. Produced by DVV Entertainment, News of RRR The delay is taking place just six days before its release in theaters and ahead of the grand promotional activities being carried out across the country. The decision to postpone the release date was announced on the official Twitter account of RRR Film.
The tweet read, “Keeping in mind the best interests of all parties involved, we are compelled to postpone our film. Our heartfelt thanks to all the fans & viewers for their unconditional love #RRRPPostopped #RRRMovie. ”
In an accompanying statement, the makers said they are “forced” not to release the film as theaters are closed in several states across the country.
“Despite our relentless efforts, some situations are beyond our control. Since many Indian states are shutting down cinema halls, we are left with no option but to ask you to keep your enthusiasm. We want to bring back the glory of Indian cinema. We promise to bring it. At the right time, we will,” it added. Earlier this week, the Delhi Disaster Management Authority ordered the closure of cinemas and gyms with immediate effect and imposed various restrictions on the functioning of shops and public transport, as part of the Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) issued a yellow alert. went.
Whereas in Maharashtra, the state government issued new guidelines last week and ordered cinema halls to operate at 50 percent capacity.
RRR The film is the second to be delayed due to the rise in COVID-19 cases across the country. Before Shahid Kapoor jersey It was pulled from its scheduled release date of 31 December.
date of release RRR It has been postponed several times due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The film is a fictional story based on the lives of two freedom fighters – Alluri Sitarama Raju (Charan) and Kumram Bheem (Junior NTR) in the early 20th century. Bollywood stars Ajay Devgan and Alia Bhatt will be seen playing important roles in the film.
India on Saturday reported 22,775 new COVID-19 cases and 161 fresh Omicron infections, the Union Health Ministry said on Saturday.
(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- Vidya Balan, “Missing All the Weddings and Baraats,” Didi
- Soundarya shares throwback with papa Rajinikanth and sister
- Welcome to Oscar Isaac’s Nightmare World
- Kiara Advani’s adventures in the island nation
- Joss Whedon, please stop talking. His response to Gal Gadot,
- Dhanush-Aishwarya to Sushmita-Rohman: Recent Celebrities
- Throwback to what Aishwarya posted after Dhanush’s National
- Vicky Kaushal from his acting school days. circa 2009
- Here’s how Dhanush and Aishwarya first met
- Dhanush and Aishwarya announced their separation Read the statement