India will face South Africa in the second Test in Johannesburg from January 3.© Twitter
Here is the video of India’s training session at the Wanderers in Johannesburg:
We are here at the Wanderers to prepare for the second Test
—BCCI (@BCCI) 1 January 2022
At Centurion, India’s pace attack demolished South Africa’s batting line-up for an emphatic 113-run victory in the first Test.
India scored 327 runs in the first innings, with KL Rahul scoring a century and fellow opener Mayank Agarwal scoring a half-century. In reply, the Proteas were bowled out for 197, with Mohammed Shami taking five wickets.
India could only manage 174 runs in the second innings but Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami bowled brilliantly to bundle out South Africa for 191 runs to help the visitors win by 113 runs.
After the game, skipper Kohli hailed Shami as one of the “top three seam bowlers in the world”.
“Shami is an absolutely world class bowler, for me one of the top three fast bowlers in the world. Very happy to have taken 200 wickets for him and his performance is impressive,” Kohli said.
Topics mentioned in this article
- US extraditions second suspect in Haiti murder
- Two broadcasters sacked for calling women’s high school
- voting rights bill senate vote 2022
- What you need to know about planning a trip now
- Amazon’s ‘Lord of the Rings’ series finally has a name and
- More people died of drug-resistant bacterial infections in
- The woman narrowly escaped after being pushed off the platform due to the stop of the train driver
- Opinion: Covidtests.gov is off to a strong start but big
- Starbucks eliminates vaccine requirement after Supreme Court
- Supreme Court clears house to get Trump white