“The Reds manager, who reported mild symptoms prior to the fixture, is now isolating.
“Assistant Manager Pep Legenders will lead the team for kick-off at Stamford Bridge at 4.30pm GMT.”
Liverpool’s players have not tested positive beyond the unnamed three previously confirmed by Klopp on Friday.
Despite distancing himself from suggestions that the game might be in jeopardy, Klopp described each new day this week as a “lottery” as he waited to find out if any of his squads had won. has tested positive.
“Testing of the entire first-team set-up revealed no further positive cases within the playing squad other than the three confirmed by Klopp on Friday,” the statement said.
“However, three backroom staff members have returned suspicious positive results.”
If Klopp’s positive test is confirmed, the German will also miss the first leg of the League Cup semi-final at Arsenal on Thursday.
The Premier League has been ravaged by the Covid outbreak since December, with Liverpool’s game against Leeds on Boxing Day being postponed due to virus issues faced by their opponents.
In all, 17 English top-flight matches have so far been postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, while Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta missed Saturday’s game against Manchester City after testing positive.
Liverpool stars Virgil van Dijk, Fabinho, Thiago Alcantara and Curtis Jones all tested positive for Covid in December.
The Reds are one point behind Chelsea with one game left after losing their last league match at Leicester on Tuesday.
Liverpool have trailed Manchester City by 12 points after a 2-1 win over the champions at Arsenal.
Topics mentioned in this article
- The germs containing the germs were kept in the body and the appearance of the BCCI match was bad
- Election news:
- Uttar Pradesh Elections | “I quoted only General Bipin Rawat”
- girls’ sense of health and well-being
- Australian Open: Stefanos Tsitsipas wins five-set thriller
- Was in talks with Gandhi family for almost two years: Prashant
- Noodle Knitting: Is The Internet Ready For This Article?
- Video: Battle of over Rs 500 between 2 health workers in Bihar
- “Somethings Don’t Change”: Michael Vaughan, Wasim Jaffer
- 500 Posting in Bihar