Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has movable and immovable assets worth Rs 75.36 lakh, while his son Nishant is nearly five times richer than him.
According to the asset details of the chief minister and his cabinet colleagues uploaded on the Bihar government’s website on December 31, Mr. Kumar has Rs 29,385 in cash and about Rs 42,763 in bank deposits, while his son Nishant has Rs 16,549 in cash and Rs. are in. 1.28 crore in fixed deposits (FDs) or deposits in various banks.
Mr. Kumar has movable assets worth Rs 16.51 lakh while the total value of his immovable assets is around Rs 58.85 lakh. His son has movable assets worth Rs 1.63 crore and his immovable assets are worth around Rs 1.98 crore.
The chief minister has a residential flat in a cooperative housing society in Dwarka, New Delhi, while his son has agricultural land and residential houses in Kalyan Bigha and Hakikatpur (both in Nalanda district) and Kankarbagh in Patna.
As per the announcement, Mr. Nishant has agricultural land in his native village Kalyan Bigha. He also has non-agricultural land in the village. The Chief Minister has also announced that he has 13 cows and nine calves worth Rs 1.45 lakh.
The Nitish Kumar government had earlier made it mandatory for all cabinet ministers to disclose their assets and liabilities on the last day of every calendar year.
Both the deputy chief ministers – Tarkishore Prasad and Renu Devi – have also declared details of their assets and liabilities.
Interestingly, Mr. Kumar’s cabinet colleagues are also richer than the chief minister. Vikas Insaan Party (VIP) founder Mukesh Sahni comes in the list of richest ministers in his cabinet.
VIP is part of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government in Bihar. Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister Mukesh Sahni has 23 lakh rupees deposited in banks. He has three properties in Mumbai worth over Rs 7 crore. He and his wife also have a flat each.
- 46% of girls under 15 in India anemic: Study
- Video launch of Mumbai Police as Special Nirbhaya Squad
- Samajwadi Party leader Rupali Dixit
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Mangubhai Patel spoke about PM Modi
- This ‘Zero Waste’ Japanese Building Made From Donated 700
- Job aspirants set fire to train, stone to train
- BSF, Pakistan Army exchange sweets at Attari-Wagah border
- Union Minister Kiren Rijiju after hotline with China
- 9-year-old Virat Chandra Telukunta honored with PM Bal Award
- Urban against 26/11 attacks embodies the realm of war