Maharashtra minister targets probe body

Nawab Malik’s son-in-law was arrested last year in a drug case. (file photo)

Mumbai: Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik on Sunday hit out at the Narcotics Control Bureau, alleging that an NCB officer called a ‘panch’ to sign panchnama papers in a case.

Malik’s remarks came days after the NCB approached the Bombay High Court seeking cancellation of bail granted to his son-in-law in a drugs case.

When contacted, an NCB official denied Nawab Malik’s allegations and termed them as “false and baseless”.

Addressing the journalists, Mr Malik also released two audio clips – one of a conversation between an NCB officer allegedly calling a Panch (witness) ‘Maddy’ for signing old papers related to a case. One.

Another audio was purportedly of a phone call between Panch and NCB’s Mumbai zonal director Sameer Wankhede, whose tenure with the central anti-drug agency ended on December 31.

“NCB’s lies are not taking its name to stop…the way the officials have created fake cases by getting the signatures of witnesses on blank papers, implicating people in false cases,” he said. And now, to fix matters, they are calling the Panchs to sign the panchnama papers of the back date,” said Mr.

“I am going to approach a court in this matter,” the NCP spokesperson said.

Nawab Malik said that his son-in-law Sameer Khan – who was arrested last year in a drugs case and was later released on bail – was being chosen to put pressure on him, but he was “under the control of the NCB authorities”. Will continue to expose lies”.

“The agency has the right to appeal to the High Court if they are not satisfied with the order, but in the case of (actors) Riya and Shoik Chakraborty (a drug case involving the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput) an appeal is pending from the court ( It would have been better if the papers (in the public domain) related to Sameer Khan’s case had come.”

“But the manner in which the PR agencies circulated the unsigned papers of NCB shows the wrong intention behind it,” the minister claimed.

Nawab Malik, without naming anyone, also claimed that a “very senior BJP leader” in the state is lobbying with the Union Home Ministry for the expansion of Wankhede into the central agency in Mumbai.

When contacted, an NCB official said that the ‘Maddy’ person, who is speaking to an NCB officer (in the audio clip), is one of the witnesses in the case.

“While filing the charge sheet, we call such witnesses. There is nothing like signing papers or any other document. Whatever allegations the minister is making are false and baseless. We did not threaten anyone with anything. is,” the official added.

Mr Malik has previously targeted NCBs, particularly Wankhede, several times after Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan was arrested in a cruise drugs case in October 2021. Aryan Khan was later released on bail.

The minister had termed the case as “fake” along with the NCB raid on the cruise ship.

    ,

Source link


What Do You Think About this News