Houston: Tesla founder and CEO Elon Musk, who is using social media to recruit people, has revealed that Indian-origin Ashok Eluswamy was the first employee to be hired for his electric vehicle company’s Autopilot team.
“Ashok was the first to be recruited by my tweets saying that Tesla is starting an Autopilot team!” Mr Musk said in a tweet in response to a video o his interview.
He said that Ashok is actually the head of Autopilot Engineering.
Ashok was the first to be recruited by my tweets that said Tesla is starting an Autopilot team!
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 29, 2021
“Andrej is the director of AI; people often give me too much credit and Andrej too much credit. The Tesla Autopilot AI team is extremely talented. Some of the smartest people in the world,” he said.
Prior to joining Tesla, Mr. Eluswamy was associated with Volkswagen Electronic Research Lab and WABCO Vehicle Control Systems.
He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from the College of Engineering Guindy, Chennai and a Master’s degree in Robotics System Development from Carnegie Mellon University.
Mr Musk recently tweeted that Tesla is looking for hardcore artificial intelligence (AI) engineers who care about solving problems that directly impact people’s lives.
The job application was simple, interested candidates were asked to fill in fields like name, email, exceptional work done in software, hardware or AI and leave their resume in PDF format.
According to Forbes, Mr. Musk is the world’s richest person with a net worth of about $282 billion, most of which is in Tesla stock.
(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Center considering Nagaland’s demand to remove AFSPA: Chief
- Russian President Vladimir Putin congratulates India on the 73rd day
- Fake notes of Rs 7 crore recovered
- 10,937 new COVID-19 cases reported in Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow
- Haryana extends COVID-19 restrictions till February 10
- Congress leader Harish Rawat’s seat changed from Ramnagar
- What Neeraj Chopra’s father said when son got Padma Shri
- 2 arrested, 6 policemen suspended after clash with students
- In the first phase since the Tata acquisition, Air India will offer
- Rahul Gandhi wrote a letter to Twitter CEO Parag Agarwal