File photo of Rahul Dravid and Virat Kohli.© AFP
“Despite all the noise that has been happening around him in the last 2 weeks, credit has been given to him and Indian cricket,” Dravid said in the pre-match virtual press conference.
Ahead of the start of the South Africa series, Kohli’s comments about being replaced as ODI captain and his interactions with the selectors went viral, threatening to derail India’s preparations for the South Africa tour.
However, Dravid lauded Kohli for maintaining his focus and also for keeping the morale of the team high.
“I know there’s been a lot of noise on other issues. Even a little bit outside the group leading up to this particular Test match. You honestly know it’s not too hard in terms of keeping morale high because honestly it is The captain led himself,” said the former India captain.
“I think Virat has been absolutely phenomenal in the last 20 days that we are here. I think the way he has trained, the way he has practised, the way he engages with the group. “
Topics mentioned in this article
- ICC U19 Cricket World Cup: Umpire gets a shock
- Delhi recommends ending weekend curfew, restrictions continue
- India vs South Africa: Sanjay Manjrekar suggests change
- UP: Management Theme of Election Management, Sugarcane
- Daniil Medvedev targets top ranking with Novak Djokovic
- Due to today’s disease of amar infection, three and a half
- IND vs SA, 2nd ODI: Dinesh Karthik suggested changes
- Amar Jawan Jyoti will be thrown out, "Merged" War. with
- South Africa vs India, 2nd ODI: When and where to watch live
- Covid cases rise by 9% to 3.47 lakh, above positivity