New Delhi: Indian equity benchmarks started the first trading session of 2022 on a positive note led by gains in IT and auto stocks. Asian shares rose on Monday, with South Korea’s KOSPI up 0.40 per cent and the Shanghai Composite Index up 0.57 per cent.
Back home, as of 9:22 am, the 30-share Sensex pack was up 360 points or 0.62 per cent at 58,614 and the broader NSE Nifty was up 105 points or 0.61 per cent at 17,459.
Mid- and small-cap stocks were trading in the green as Nifty Midcap 100 index was trading up 0.42 per cent and small-cap stocks up 0.54 per cent.
On the stock-specific front, Eicher Motors was the top gainer in Nifty as the stock rose 4.27 per cent to Rs 2,702.65. Tata Motors, Coal India, SBI Life and Tech Mahindra were also gainers.
On the flipside, Hindalco, ONGC, Tata Consumer Products and UltraTech Cements were among the losers.
Overall market breadth was positive as 2,144 stocks were leading while 518 were falling on the BSE.
L&T, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, HCL Tech and Asian Paints were the top gainers on the 30-share platform of the BSE, rising 1.40 per cent in early trade.
Sun Pharma, Dr Reddy’s and IndusInd Bank were among the losers.
On Friday, the benchmark BSE Sensex was up 459.50 points, or 0.80 per cent, at 58,253.82; While the broader NSE Nifty was up 150.10 points or 0.87 per cent at 17,354.05.
- Shares of Zomato, Paytm, Nykaa at lowest level since listing:
- SEBI asks PTC India Financial Services to address corporates
- Digital infrastructure needs investment of up to $23 billion By
- Bitcoin price halving from all-time high of $69,000
- gold futures rise; Silver trading below Rs 64,750
- Fuel prices remain unchanged. see rates
- Sensex above 600 points, Nifty trading below 17,450; jsw
- CII to provide additional 1% CSR levy for COVID booster
- Samara ready to invest Rs 7,000 crore, Amazon tells future
- Take a deep dive into the device or software that your