Bangalore: State Health Minister K Sudhakar said on Monday that ten more cases of the Omron version of the coronavirus have been detected in Karnataka.
This takes the state’s Omicron tally to 76.
Sudhakar said in a tweet, “Ten new cases of Omicron have been confirmed in Karnataka on Jan 2, taking the tally to 76. Bengaluru: 8 cases (5 of which are international travellers). Dharwad: 2 cases.”
Ten new cases of Omicron have been confirmed in Karnataka on January 2, taking the number of infected to 76:
— Dr. Sudhakar (@mla_sudhakar) 3 January 2022
The country’s first two omicron cases were detected in the state on December 2.
According to the state health department, out of the ten new cases, two are children and the rest are adults who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The cases include international travelers such as a 19-year-old male from USA, a 40-year-old female from Belgium, a 46-year-old male from Dubai, two 49-year-old females from Dubai.
The rest are – a 13-year-old female primary contact of an Omicron positive international traveler, 42 and 65-year-old women who traveled from Mumbai, 14 and 53-year-old women who are in contact with COVID positive cases.
Most of the cases are currently asymptomatic and isolated in hospital.
While for two cases—14 and 53-year-old women who have been in contact with Covid positive cases—the department said, “they are presently healthy, asymptomatic have been discharged hence inactive and in home quarantine, as part of recovery.” ” The primary and secondary contacts of all these cases have been traced and tested.
- Defection after change in BJP’s UP seat strategy
- Raids on Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi
- Arvind Kejriwal targets Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit
- Clubhouse chat targeted Muslim women, panel asked police to take action
- Coronavirus: India should use risk-based approach, not
- PM Modi appeals to BJP workers
- 5 points on AAP’s Punjab frontman Bhagwant Mann
- No Molnupiravir, Monoclonal Antibody Cocktail Therapy In
- Supreme Court will hear the petition which states that the parties should be
- India will provide assistance to the families of 2 Indians killed