New Delhi: Army sources have told NDTV that a video from an official Chinese media handle on Twitter, in which a Chinese flag is hoisted in the Galwan Valley, does not violate the demilitarized zone between the two countries in the region.
In other words, the flag is being flown in undisputed Chinese-held areas and not near the bend of the river where Indian and Chinese troops clashed in June 2020.
The video and tweet read, “China’s national flag hoists over Galwan Valley on New Year’s Day 2022.”
The tweet claimed that this flag is special because it was once flown over Beijing’s Tiananmen Square.
???????? The national flag of China flies over the Galwan Valley on New Year’s Day 2022.
This national flag is very special because it was once flown over Tiananmen Square in Beijing. pic.twitter.com/fBzN0I4mCi
— Shen Shiwei沈诗伟 (@shen_shiwei) 1 January 2022
In July last year, India and China had mutually agreed to withdraw 2 km from the conflict site. This was followed by talks between National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi.
Satellite images since July last year confirmed Indian and Chinese troops to be 2 km from either side of the Galwan conflict site. This happened after the Special Representative-level talks between Mr. Doval and Yi.
The new video shown, sources say, is not within the area where this dismemberment took place.
Twenty Indian soldiers were killed in action in the Galwan conflict. They were honored for their bravery by installing their names in the monuments. China claimed that it lost four soldiers; However, the Indian Army maintains that China has suffered more casualties.
- Uttar Pradesh Elections | “I quoted only General Bipin Rawat”
- The stock route is not over: Dow falls
- girls’ sense of health and well-being
- Gurpratap Boparai joins Mahindra for new global leadership
- Was in talks with Gandhi family for almost two years: Prashant
- Affirmative Action: Supreme Court to consider landmark
- Noodle Knitting: Is The Internet Ready For This Article?
- NATO puts forces on standby as Russian aggression fears
- Video: Battle of over Rs 500 between 2 health workers in Bihar
- 20 Long Distance Relationship Gifts To Feel Closer Than Ever