The Georgia legislator is a strong supporter of Donald Trump and his false claims that the 2020 election was stolen, and has also been known to make anti-vaccine claims and other false statements about the coronavirus pandemic.
Twitter said it was closing Greene’s personal account – @mtgreenee – for repeated violations of its COVID misinformation policy. He still has access to his official Twitter handle, which is @RepMTG.
Green used personal more often.
“We have permanently suspended the account you referred to (@mtgreenee) for repeated violations of our COVID-19 misinformation policy,” Twitter said in a statement to AFP.
It added, “We are clear that in accordance with our strike system for this policy, we will permanently suspend accounts for repeated violations of the policy.”
Twitter did not clarify what Greene said deserved the punishment.
Green retaliated after his suspension, saying in a statement on Telegram that Twitter “is America’s enemy and can’t handle the truth. there is time. . ”
Twitter’s COVID misinformation police personnel is a strike system that meets gradually increasing sanctions for violations.
For example, a strike results in nothing; Three strikes result in a 12-hour account lock, and five strikes result in a permanent suspension.
Green was approved by Twitter before the permanent suspension.
Her account was suspended for a week in August after she tweeted that the Food and Drug Administration should not approve COVID vaccines because they “failed” to slow the spread of the virus.
On Saturday, she tweeted that vaccine deaths in the US used to be taken seriously, but are now “ignored too many COVID vaccine deaths and forced vaccine mandates extended by the government.” ”
A year ago, Twitter banned Trump from the platform following a January 6 riot at the US Capitol by Trump supporters, who were fueled by his claims that he was robbed of a victory over Joe Biden.
- safe india
- PS5 India January 18 Restock: How to Pre-Order PlayStation 5
- in the state of the environment, in the economy of India
- Arvind Kejriwal will announce AAP’s Punjab President
- Tension in Congress over Punjab Chief Minister candidate, a
- OnePlus Buds Z2 TWS earphones to go on sale in India today
- Realme 9i India Launch Today: How to Watch Livestream,
- Parents of worker killed in tornado affecting Amazon facility
- Fight between Congress and BJP in Goa: P Chidambaram
- Trinamool’s U-turn in Goa after Congress criticism?