New Delhi: The Health Minister of the national capital today said that eighty-four per cent of all the COVID-19 samples tested in Delhi are of the highly permeable Omicron type.
Health Minister Satyendar Jain told news agency PTI that the genome sequencing report of December 30-31 has found the Omicron strain in 84 percent of the samples.
The Omicron version is spread across 23 states in India. Maharashtra is the worst-affected state with 510 cases, followed by Delhi with 351 infections.
Shri Jain said that there is no dearth of medical staff in government hospitals and clinics. The cases of Kovid-19 are increasing in the city.
“According to the genome sequencing report of December 30-31 from three laboratories – at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, Lok Nayak Hospital and the National Center for Disease Control – 84 per cent of the samples were infected with Omicrons. Most of the cases are of Omicrons,” Mr. Jain said in Delhi. Said in the assembly.
The city reported 3,194 new coronavirus cases on Sunday, a 15 per cent increase over Saturday. One person died, taking the total number of fatalities since the start of the pandemic to 25,109 on Sunday evening. Today’s data will come in the evening.
Mr Jain said though there is a spike in cases, the situation is under control as not many people are developing serious illness or need to be hospitalised.
According to the health bulletin to be issued later on Monday, the capital has recorded around 4,000 new cases of coronavirus and the positivity rate has risen to 6.5 per cent, the minister said.
Mr Jain said some experts have said cases will peak in a week, but this is only an estimate for now.
- Paris Fashion Week: How to Watch Autumn-Winter 2022
- Sharad Sharma in AAP’s meeting with Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann
- US coronavirus: Fauci warns it’s still too early to tell
- In new photos, China races to eliminate illegal bridge over winter
- Monday Night Football: The LA Rams Blow Up the Arizona Cardinals
- U.P. Election: CM Yogi Adityanath.
- Benjamin Netanyahu negotiating a possible corruption case plea
- Chief Minister of Punjab | Watch: Bhagwant Mann, Your Choice
- Ksenia Efremova: 12-year-old Russian tennis prodigy
- Watch: Will take Punjab back to former glory – AAP chief