“Senator Harry Reid was a legend of public service who fought tirelessly for more than four decades for working families like his own,” Pelosi said. “As Speaker of the House, it is my honor to pay tribute to a great leader, a great American, and my dear friend, Senator Harry Reid.”
Schumer likewise lauded Reid as “a great American, father, husband, Senate leader, and one of history’s most dedicated fighters for the poor and middle class people of Nevada and the nation as a whole.”
“Few dedicated their lives and careers to working and delivering for working families like Harry Reid, and it will be an honor to pay tribute to him at the Capitol next week,” he said.
President Joe Biden, who served with Reid in the Senate, called him “one of the all-time great Senate majority leaders in our history” in a statement after his death.
“And for Harry, it wasn’t about power for the sake of power. It was about the power to do right for the people.”
- Analysis: How the Omicron Edition ignited new battles and
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s books are on the auction block :a
- Energy Department 13.4 million . approved the release of
- America is only the 27th least corrupt country in the world
- Senators propose bipartisan law to fuel pandemic
- Egypt: Biden administration authorized $2.5 billion in weapons
- Federal prosecutors are looking at 2020 fake voters
- LIHEAP: Americans receive another $100 million in federal aid
- Michael Avenatti steps up to represent himself in
- Biden administration to withdraw Covid-19 vaccination and