File photo of Ajinkya Rahane and Cheteshwar Pujara© AFP
Pujara was dismissed for 3 off 33 balls when Olivier bowled a short-of-length delivery outside the off-stump, which caught the shoulder of Pujara’s bat. The ball jumped in the air and Temba Bavuma took a simple catch on point. It looked like a dull effort from a less confident batsman.
Keegan Pietersen caught a possible push from Rahane outside off-stump on the very next ball at third slip. He got out for a golden duck.
Gavaskar indicated that questions have been raised about his place in the playing XI after repeated failures and the second innings of this match could be the last chance to show that he deserves to play ahead of in-form players like Shreyas Iyer. Huh.
“After those two dismissals one can say that they probably have the next innings, both Pujara and Rahane to save their Test careers,” Gavaskar said.
“Questions have been asked about his place in the team and now with these two dismissals he has only one innings left. If there is another innings and the way India is progressing, it seems that for them Will have one more to score something and maybe keep his place in the team,” the former India captain further added.
Hanuma Vihari replaced skipper Virat Kohli for the second Test after Kohli was ruled out due to an upper back spasm.
Pujara has not scored a Test century since January 2019, while Rahane’s form has been poor in the past year or so.
Topics mentioned in this article
- Uttar Pradesh Elections | “I quoted only General Bipin Rawat”
- girls’ sense of health and well-being
- Australian Open: Stefanos Tsitsipas wins five-set thriller
- Was in talks with Gandhi family for almost two years: Prashant
- Noodle Knitting: Is The Internet Ready For This Article?
- Video: Battle of over Rs 500 between 2 health workers in Bihar
- “Somethings Don’t Change”: Michael Vaughan, Wasim Jaffer
- 500 Posting in Bihar
- Shaheen Afridi calls victory against India ‘most memorable’
- travel between two