Petrol, Diesel Prices Today: Fuel prices in metro cities remained stable for the 32nd consecutive day on Monday, January 3, 2022. Last month, the Delhi government reduced the value-added tax on petrol from 30 per cent to 19.40 per cent. December 1, 2021. With this, petrol prices in the national capital were reduced by Rs 8.56 per litre.
A liter of petrol in Delhi now costs Rs 95.41, while diesel costs Rs 86.67 per litre. Petrol in Mumbai is being sold at Rs 109.98 per liter, while diesel is being sold at Rs 94.14 per litre. Among metro cities, fuel rates are still the highest in Mumbai.
Earlier, the central government had reduced the excise duty on petrol by Rs 5 and on diesel by Rs 10 with effect from November 4, 2021. There has been no hike in fuel prices in the country since then.
,as well Reading: How to check latest petrol and diesel rates in your city).
Petrol and diesel prices in metro cities are as follows:
State-run oil refiners like Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum revise fuel rates on a daily basis, taking into account crude oil prices and rupee-dollar exchange rates in international markets. Any change in the prices of petrol and diesel is effective from 6 am every day.
- ICICI Bank Q3 net profit up 19% to Rs 6,536 crore
- Yes Bank’s December quarter profit up 77 per cent to Rs 266 crore
- Jio completes 5G coverage plans for top 1,000 cities
- How do cryptocurrency mixers provide greater anonymity?
- What the renewable energy sector wants from the budget
- Vodafone Idea Q3 loss widens to Rs 7,231 crore
- There has been no change in fuel prices for the 78th day in a row. See
- Top 5 Stock Mutual Funds Bought and Sold in December 2021
- Stock Market Live Updates: Sensex slips over 2,200 points
- Gold futures fall; Silver trading below Rs 64,900