SA vs IND: Rassie van der Dussen celebrates after taking a catch to dismiss Hanuma Vihari.© AFP
— Inian Kumar Ganesan (@Inian14) 3 January 2022
In the first session, Duane Oliver was in hot form and took the key wickets of Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane. Pujara could only add three runs to the scoreboard and faced 33 balls.
Meanwhile, Rahane was sent back to the pavilion for a golden duck.
Opener Mayank Agarwal lost his wicket to Marco Jensen after scoring 26 off 37 balls.
Stand-in captain KL Rahul is currently batting for India and will be hoping to repeat his form from the first Test. Red ball regular skipper Virat Kohli has been ruled out of the current match due to a cramp in his upper back. Vihari was bought as his replacement.
The flamboyant batsman scored 123 runs in 260 balls during the first innings and was one of the main reasons for India’s 113-run win.
Topics mentioned in this article
- Eden Hazard at Real Madrid is Still Time for Gareth Bale, Says
- Why are hijab-wearing girls banned in class?
- Declare CM candidate or not?
- ISL: Thursday’s match between Kerala Blasters and ATK Mohan
- City Center: Party Join the Party
- Argentina rest Lionel Messi for 2022 FIFA World Cup
- Outside Party in Communication Complex, Social Society
- India vs South Africa: “Closer to a perfect game,” says South Africa
- Contesting Members:
- IND vs SA: Shikhar Dhawan expressed displeasure over the decline in the middle order