Premier League: Benitez backs Calvert-Lewin to shine Everton’s revival.© AFP
British newspaper reports have linked Benitez with a move to Glasgow Rangers right-back Nathan Patterson as he looks to shore up the 15th-placed Everton side’s defense in the 20-strong Premier League.
Sunday’s match was only the eighth time this season that Everton had scored more than once in a league fixture, with five in their opening six matches and 24-year-old Calvert-Lewin scoring in the first three before his injury. did. ,
“Hopefully coming back Dominic will give everyone a little more hope,” Spanish boss Benitez said after Everton’s eighth loss in 12 league games.
“And if we’re bringing players back, and signing new players, it will bring the desire that everyone is hoping for.”
Before kick-off, Brighton had won just once in 13 matches, but the victory pushed Seagal to eighth place.
The south coast side has been hard-hitting, but midfielder Alexis Mack Allister’s double at Goodison Park was an encouraging sign for Brighton manager Graham Potter.
“He has quality. He can contribute in the scoring phase for us,” said Mack Allister’s Potter. “That’s what others can do. It’s something we’re trying to improve because it’s so easy to blame the strikers.”
(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
Topics mentioned in this article
- India vs South Africa: Sanjay Manjrekar suggests change
- UP: Management Theme of Election Management, Sugarcane
- Daniil Medvedev targets top ranking with Novak Djokovic
- Due to today’s disease of amar infection, three and a half
- IND vs SA, 2nd ODI: Dinesh Karthik suggested changes
- Amar Jawan Jyoti will be thrown out, "Merged" War. with
- South Africa vs India, 2nd ODI: When and where to watch live
- Covid cases rise by 9% to 3.47 lakh, above positivity
- Chicken Hot Dog Recipe | How to make Chicken Hot Dog
- India vs South Africa: Focus on in-form Rasi van der