While Jensen picked up crucial wickets, Olivier dealt a significant blow to the hosts when stand-in captains KL Rahul and Mayank Agarwal gave the tourists a steady start.
After Janssen broke the opening partnership when he dismissed Mayank for 26, Olivier had two strikes in two balls to send back Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane, which broke India’s batting.
Olivier completed 50 wickets in Test cricket when he sent back a struggling Rahane for a first-ball duck. He would come back to take the wicket of Shardul Thakur, who was also dismissed without scoring.
Olivier thus joins Burt Vogler, Hugh Tayfield and the great Allan Donald in third place among South African bowlers, who have achieved the 50 Test wicket milestone, completing their 11th Test position. The record is held by Vernon Philander, who played just 7 Tests to claim 50 scalps. Shaun Pollock is second on the list as he played 9 Tests to reach the feat.
The overall record belongs to Charlie Turner of Australia, who achieved this feat in just 6 Tests.
Topics mentioned in this article
- in the state of the environment, in the economy of India
- Virat Kohli “must drop his ego” and play below
- Arvind Kejriwal will announce AAP’s Punjab President
- Tension in Congress over Punjab Chief Minister candidate, a
- Under-19 World Cup: Haseebullah Khan scores ton as Pakistan
- Under-19 World Cup: Dunith Velez shines as he beat Sri Lanka
- Premier League: Burnley-Watford Postponed as Clarets Loose
- FIFA Awards: Robert Lewandowski named FIFA Best Men’s Player
- Fight between Congress and BJP in Goa: P Chidambaram
- Trinamool’s U-turn in Goa after Congress criticism?