Jammu: An infiltration bid by terrorists was foiled on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district in the early hours of Monday, officials said.
He said that the jawans guarding the Hamirpur area of Bhimber Gali sector caught the movement of a group of suspected terrorists who were trying to infiltrate this side from across the border under cover of darkness.
Officials said alert troops foiled an infiltration bid by challenging the group that had fled back into Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
A landmine, part of the anti-infiltration barrier system also exploded during the unsuccessful attempt, he said, adding that a magazine of an AK assault rifle and some Pakistani currency notes were recovered during a search of the area.
Blood stains were also seen, which suggests that one intruder was injured in the blast, but managed to escape with the help of his accomplices, he said.
Defense (Jammu) PRO Lt Col Devendra Anand said in a statement, “On January 02, 2022, at around 2030 hrs, a group of Pakistani terrorists were seen attempting to infiltrate through the Bhimber Gali sector. Our alert soldiers The infiltration attempt was foiled, and subsequent searches of the area led to the recovery of ammunition and Pakistani currency left by the fleeing terrorists. He said, “The Indian Army is alert and alert to the nefarious designs of Pakistan-sponsored terrorists and determined to thwart any such attempt.”
(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Ugandan man arrested at Delhi airport with cost of heroin
- Pakistan to hand over 20 Indian fishermen to India at Wagah
- On camera, 2 health workers in Bihar fight over Rs 500
- UP Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya to Akhilesh
- In Meghalaya, politicians sing this friendship if we don’t break it
- Unaffiliated, children under 15 are not allowed
- Woman in Andhra Pradesh police custody alleges cruelty
- Fans increased privacy after Virat Kohli-Anushka Sharma
- Manohar Parrikar’s son Utpal Parrikar, who left BJP, urged
- Exhibition on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on his 125th