The latest season begins with American executive Emily (Lily Collins) having consequences for sleeping with her friend’s boyfriend, Gabriel (Lucas Bravo), the demands of her job in Paris – and the cultural barriers that exist between her and her Parisian colleagues. Is. ,
To help her assimilate, the Chicago native signs up for a beginner French class, where she meets Petra, played by Daria Panchenko.
However, before running through the streets of Paris, Petra makes a bad impression on Emily when she steals clothes from a local mall and encourages her to do the same.
‘Unacceptable’ and ‘offensive’
Tkachenko condemned the story.
In “Emily in Paris” we have a caricature of a Ukrainian woman, which is unacceptable. On the other hand, it is also offensive. Will Ukrainians be seen abroad as such? Those who steal, want to get everything for free, Fear exile ka? This shouldn’t happen,” he wrote in a post on his official Telegram channel, two days after the release of the second season.
He said that while he watched the first season and described it as “a very good entertainment series”, he now has “few comments”.
“Netflix is well acquainted with Ukraine, suffice it to say that most of the streets of Paris in the movie ‘The Last Mercenary’ were filmed in Kiev.”
“Also, with the popularization of our culture, Europeans and Americans have heard about our artists and beyond. At least about conductor Oksana Liniev, tennis player Elina Svitolina, singer Jamala, designer Vita Kin.”
“But that’s probably not enough. And we have to continue fighting stereotypes. Because if in the 90s and 2000s Ukrainians were mostly portrayed as gangsters, that has changed over time.”
CNN has reached out to Netflix for comment.
A fan favorite?
Recently, Emily’s new love interest, a British banker named Alfie (Lucien Laviscount), has received mixed reviews from the audience.
Despite the criticisms, the Emmy-nominated show has consistently won the hearts of the audience.
- Priyanka Chopra remembers wearing mangalsutra for the first time
- Vidya Balan, “Missing All the Weddings and Baraats,” Didi
- Soundarya shares throwback with papa Rajinikanth and sister
- Welcome to Oscar Isaac’s Nightmare World
- Kiara Advani’s adventures in the island nation
- Joss Whedon, please stop talking. His response to Gal Gadot,
- Dhanush-Aishwarya to Sushmita-Rohman: Recent Celebrities
- Throwback to what Aishwarya posted after Dhanush’s National
- Vicky Kaushal from his acting school days. circa 2009
- Here’s how Dhanush and Aishwarya first met