She was left with life-altering injuries after she collapsed on the fourth-floor balcony of an apartment building in Berkeley, California, and fell 40 feet to the ground while she and her friends were celebrating their 21st birthday.
Berry died “peacefully” on January 1 after a balcony collapsed after a valiant fight with his injuries, according to reports of death.
Of the six killed in the June 2015 incident, five were Irish students, all aged 21, and one 22-year-old Irish-American. Seven other people were injured.
Berry, a Dubliner, and five of the six other people killed in the crash, were working in the US on short-term visas – known as the J-1 summer work travel program – which were used to make ends meet for Irish student living. can do for And working in the US city of your choice.
The apartment building was less than 10 years old at the time of the incident.
According to the Irish Times, Berry was seriously injured in the fall, suffering a severe brain injury, broken bones and fractured limbs. The newspaper also reported that Berry had open-heart surgery after the fall.
In 2016, she testified before California state lawmakers during a hearing on a bill that would make construction businesses more transparent. The bill was passed later that year.
No criminal charges were filed as a result of the tragedy, but the victims’ families settled with some of the companies involved in the construction, management and maintenance of the apartment blocks, according to the BBC.
In an interview with RT Radio 1’s “Morning Ireland” program on Monday, one of Berry’s former college professors, Orina Belton, Head of Pharmacology at University College Dublin (UCD), paid tribute to him, saying: “Aof really a was an incredible student … After Berkeley, in the face of tragedy and those horrific events, Aoife became a true beacon of hope and courage in life and determination.”
CNN’s Amy Cassidy contributed to this report.
- Big news: Rajendra Nagar after nuclear
- Rent The Runway Offers Special 50% Off
- Delhi’s Raisinga sparkles with the atmosphere
- Strict restrictions in Kerala’s capital Thiruvananthapuram:
- Update in package teen 2024:
- Man climbed on the platform of idol in Punjab temple, arrested
- The germs containing the germs were kept in the body and the appearance of the BCCI match was bad
- Biden administration identifying soldiers for possible
- Election news:
- The video shows the driver making a dangerous U-turn on the cliff edge.