Panaji: A cruise ship, on which 66 of over 2,000 people on board had tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday, has been flown back to Mumbai from a Goa port, news agency PTI reported this morning. Several infected passengers refused to leave the cruise ship, Cordelia, for quarantine at a medical facility in Goa.
An official of a shipping agency told PTI that the infected passengers will remain on the ship. All the passengers were tested after a crew member was found positive on Sunday, an official said.
The ship was sent back to Mumbai, from where it had left for the New Year party, at 11.30 pm last night with 27 positive passengers refusing to leave the cruise ship, said shipping firm JM Baksi and co-operations manager Govind Parnulkar .
“The ship had to be sent back as some passengers who tested positive refused to be admitted to a COVID-19 facility in Goa. Only six crew members out of a total of 66 who tested positive, He left the cruise in Goa,” Mr Pernulkar said.
He said that after considering the situation, the South Goa district administration ordered that the ship be sent back to Mumbai with all the passengers. “The passengers who were shifted to an isolation facility were brought back on the ship before leaving for Mumbai. The passengers would be put in isolation on the ship,” he said.
- Winter storms in the Middle East: Three children killed, together
- Assam has recorded 8,339 COVID-19 . Reported the highest single-day spike of
- Palestinian family home demolished in sensitive east
- 11,447 new COVID-19 cases reported in West Bengal, 38 related
- Man, sister arrested for duping people of Rs 2.92 crore
- Video of police singing in car without mask goes viral, 3
- Amid 5G scare, US travel plans put on hold for thousands across the world
- Maharashtra registers 43,697 new Covid cases, up 10%
- Chinese army kidnaps teenager from inside Indian territory
- Bomb-hoax at CRPF Headquarters in Delhi, calls made