SA vs IND: KL Rahul scored a scintillating half-century on the first day of the second Test.© AFP
“Skipping an outside delivery can really keep you there long enough to score runs. He has shown impeccable judgment. He knows where his off-stump is and that is because of his head position. He has the flair and Patience is also there and that’s the hallmark of a great player,” Chopra said on Star Sports during the lunch show.
Rahul played with a lot of restraint on the first day as he was dropping free deliveries (outside the off-stump), which the rest of the Indian batsmen failed to do against the South African pacers.
Unfortunately, India’s stand-in captain was dropped by a short delivery from Marco Jensen while he was batting on 50.
Cheteshwar Pujara (3) and Ajinkya Rahane (0) continued to struggle while Mayank Agarwal and Hanuma Vihari also could not do much in the absence of Virat Kohli.
The regular India captain is not playing the current Test due to a cramp in his upper back.
In the first innings with South Africa, the visiting team was bowled out for 202 runs, in response to which they were dismissed for 35 runs at stumps on the first day.
Topics mentioned in this article
- The status of RRB NTPC exam in Bihar has worsened
- Rohit Sharma passes fitness test, will lead India in series
- also included in the dump
- “One would be terrified of Virat Kohli who doesn’t have
- Violent protest over railway exam in Bihar, candidates set
- Netherlands fast bowler Vivian Kingma found guilty of ball
- Ghulam Nabi Azad’s Padma Award Raj
- “Fans Want India To Win World Cup”: Sanjay Manjrekar On
- First marching contingent of Republic Day Parade
- Steve Smith praises Ashleigh Barty’s form at Australian Open