Imphal (Manipur): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday criticized previous governments for leaving Manipur “on its own” and said they have brought the BJP-led Center at the state’s doorstep.
“There was a time when Manipur was left alone. I had come to Manipur many times before I became the PM. I knew the pain in your hearts. So, after 2014, I brought the entire government of India to your doorstep. PM Modi said while addressing the public.
Lauding the people of Manipur for “forming a stable government” in the state, PM Modi said, “60 per cent of the households in Manipur have got clean tap water through the Har Ghar Jal program, which reflects the commitment of ‘dual’. Indicates. Engine ‘Govt.’
PM Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of several development projects today.
The Prime Minister said that Manipur has seen commendable success in various fields.
PM Modi said, “180,000 houses have been approved under PM Awas Yojana, 4,25,000 people have been benefitted under Ayushman Bharat Mission, 1.5 lakh free gas and 1.3 lakh free electricity connections have been provided.”
“There are now 30,000 households with toilets under the Swachh Bharat Mission. So far, 30 lakh free doses of vaccines have been given,” he said, adding that today Manipur is becoming a symbol of a new culture of change.
PM Modi inaugurated 13 projects worth over Rs 1,850 crore and laid the foundation stone for nine projects worth around Rs 2,950 crore; Spread across sectors such as road infrastructure, drinking water supply, health, urban development, IT and more.
He also laid the foundation stone for the construction of five national highway projects to be constructed at a cost of over Rs 1,700 crore, with a total length of more than 110 km.
(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- BSF all women biker team presented a thrilling spectacle
- Apex medical body ICMR study
- 46% of girls under 15 in India anemic: Study
- Video launch of Mumbai Police as Special Nirbhaya Squad
- Samajwadi Party leader Rupali Dixit
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Mangubhai Patel spoke about PM Modi
- This ‘Zero Waste’ Japanese Building Made From Donated 700
- Job aspirants set fire to train, stone to train
- BSF, Pakistan Army exchange sweets at Attari-Wagah border
- Union Minister Kiren Rijiju after hotline with China