Agartala (Tripura): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday inaugurated the new Integrated Terminal Building at the Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport in Agartala, Tripura.
The Prime Minister also launched the flagship initiatives of Chief Minister Tripura Gram Samridhi Yojana and Project Mission 100 of Vidyajyoti schools in the state.
Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia, Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb and Deputy Chief Minister Jishnu Deb Burman were present at the event.
According to a statement issued by the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), the new Integrated Terminal Building of Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport, which has been built at a cost of around Rs 450 crore, is a state-of-the-art building spread over 30,000 square meters with modern facilities. Backed by latest IT network-integrated system. The development of the new terminal building is in line with the Prime Minister’s endeavor to provide modern facilities at all airports across the country.
“Project Mission 100 of Vidyajyoti Vidyalayas aims to improve the quality of education in the State by converting 100 existing Higher/Higher Secondary Schools into Vidyajyoti Vidyalayas with state-of-the-art facilities and quality education. Around 1.2 lakh students will be involved up to class XII and around Rs 500 crore will be spent in the next three years,” the PMO said.
The objective of Mukhyamantri Tripura Gram Samridhi Yojana is to achieve benchmark standards for service delivery in key development areas at the village level.
Key areas selected for Plan There are household tap connections, household electricity connections, all-weather roads, functional toilets for every household, recommended vaccinations for every child, participation of women in self-help groups, etc.
The scheme will encourage villages to achieve benchmark standards for service delivery in various sectors and is expected to create a spirit of healthy competition among the villages to improve service delivery at the grassroots level.
The Prime Minister also visited Manipur earlier in the day, where he inaugurated and laid foundation stones of several development projects.
(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- Prashant Kishor to NDTV – 3 big strengths of BJP and Prashant
- Crashed World War 2 Plane 77. found in the Himalayas after
- Air India to conduct pre-flight check-up of cabin crew
- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange allowed to appeal
- KJo on Ku before National Voters’ Day
- BJP’s ally in Manipur said, will campaign to remove
- PM honored 29 children with Bal Puraskar for innovation
- 2 teenagers trapped in heavy snowfall while trekking, died
- 7 month old baby Vijayendra in Karnataka out of 14 in the world
- Jailed MP Azam Khan’s son in the list of Samajwadi Party in UP