Agartala: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today highlighted Tripura’s growth story as an “example” of the effectiveness of a “double engine” government – the BJP government at the Center and in the state.
Addressing a public meeting after the inauguration, the Prime Minister said, “Double engine is no match. Double engine government means judicious use of resources. It means sensitivity, service of resolutions, achievement and united efforts for prosperity. And Tripura is an example of this.” New Integrated Terminal Building at Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport.
He said, “The new airport terminal is not only state-of-the-art but it reflects the culture and heritage of Tripura, now it is going to be a big attraction, it will help us to develop Tripura as the gateway to the Northeast. ”
He further said that more than 1.80 lakh pucca houses have been built in Tripura.
“Earlier, owners of poorly built houses with roofs were not eligible for benefits under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY). We identified challenges and changed the rules to benefit our poor,” he said.
The Prime Minister inaugurated the new Integrated Terminal Building at Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport in Agartala, Tripura and also launched the flagship initiative of Chief Minister Tripura Gram Samridhi Yojana and Project Mission 100 of Vidyajyoti Schools in the state.
Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia, Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb and Deputy Chief Minister Jishnu Deb Burman were present at the event.
Earlier in the day, the Prime Minister also visited Manipur, where he inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of several development projects.
- Supreme Court pulls up Center over starvation deaths
- Defection after change in BJP’s UP seat strategy
- Raids on Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi
- Arvind Kejriwal targets Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit
- Clubhouse chat targeted Muslim women, panel asked police to take action
- Coronavirus: India should use risk-based approach, not
- PM Modi appeals to BJP workers
- 5 points on AAP’s Punjab frontman Bhagwant Mann
- No Molnupiravir, Monoclonal Antibody Cocktail Therapy In
- Supreme Court will hear the petition which states that the parties should be