PSG goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma has tested positive for COVID-19.© AFP
PSG coach Mauricio Pochettino said on Monday, “It is a very strange virus. We are following the situation of each player. We know that there can be more infections.”
“We are a team that respects controls and the obligation to test ourselves. We hope there will be no additional cases.”
Juan Bernat, who contracted the coronavirus during the Ligue 1 winter break, is no longer on the list, after receiving two negative tests on Monday and Tuesday, the club said.
The Spanish defender will resume training on Wednesday.
PSG is not the only one to have faced multiple positive tests after a surge in France following the arrival of the Omicron variant.
Several Ligue 1 teams have been hit, including Bordeaux, Lorient, Angers and Lille.
Sunday’s match between Angers and Saint-Etienne has already been postponed, while Friday’s meeting between Bordeaux and Marseille is in danger.
(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
Topics mentioned in this article
- Sharad Sharma in AAP’s meeting with Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann
- “Something That Is Exciting”: KL Rahul Opens Up On Tests
- In new photos, China races to eliminate illegal bridge over winter
- Wasim Jaffer chose two spinners in his Indian team for the first time
- U.P. Election: CM Yogi Adityanath.
- IND vs SA: Team India ready for the first ODI against South
- Chief Minister of Punjab | Watch: Bhagwant Mann, Your Choice
- “Can’t See How He Hasn’t Been Offered Another Contract”: Ricky
- Watch: Will take Punjab back to former glory – AAP chief
- Vinod Kambli birthday: Sachin Tendulkar extended his