Hyderabad: In a major jump, Telangana on Tuesday reported 1,052 new COVID-19 cases, more than double the number recorded yesterday, taking the tally to 6, 84,023, while with two more fatalities The death toll rose to 4,033.
The state also reported 10 new Omicron version of the COVID-19 cases, pushing the tally to 94. However, 37 people recovered from the new strain.
The state had registered 482 new cases yesterday. On June 26 last year, the state had recorded over 1000 fresh COVID-19 infections.
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) has the highest number of fresh cases with 659, followed by Medchal Malkajgiri (116) district, the bulletin said, providing details as of 5.30 pm today.
It said 240 people recovered from the infection on Tuesday. The cumulative number of those who have been cured so far stood at 6,75,132.
The number of active cases stood at 4,858, the bulletin said.
It said that around 43,000 samples were tested today and the total number tested so far was over 2.98 crore.
The samples tested per million population were more than eight lakh.
(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- Center considering Nagaland’s demand to remove AFSPA: Chief
- Russian President Vladimir Putin congratulates India on the 73rd day
- Fake notes of Rs 7 crore recovered
- 10,937 new COVID-19 cases reported in Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow
- Haryana extends COVID-19 restrictions till February 10
- Congress leader Harish Rawat’s seat changed from Ramnagar
- What Neeraj Chopra’s father said when son got Padma Shri
- 2 arrested, 6 policemen suspended after clash with students
- In the first phase since the Tata acquisition, Air India will offer
- Rahul Gandhi wrote a letter to Twitter CEO Parag Agarwal