New York: India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations TS Tirumurti was on Tuesday (local time) named the new chairman of the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Committee (CTC).
Prior to assuming his current position as Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations, in May 2020, Mr. Tirumurti served as Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs, Economic Relations Portfolio (which included, inter alia, Gulf and Arab). Handled. Development Partnership of the World, Africa and India), according to the UNSC statement.
Mr. Tirumurti previously served at the Indian Embassy in Egypt in Cairo; India’s Permanent Mission to the United Nations in Geneva; as India’s first representative to the Palestinian Authority in Gaza; As Counselor at the Embassy of India in the United States of America in Washington. DC; as Deputy Chief of Mission at the Embassy of India in Indonesia in Jakarta; and as India’s High Commissioner to Malaysia, in Kuala Lumpur, the statement further said.
Shri Tirumurti also served as Under Secretary (Bhutan), Director (Foreign Secretary’s Office), Joint Secretary (Bangladesh, Maldives, Myanmar and Sri Lanka) and Joint Secretary (United Nations Economic and Social Council) during his service in India. Did. In the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi, this added.
India will chair the counter-terrorism committee of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) in January.
This committee was formed soon after the tragic 9/11 terrorist attack in New York in September 2001, while India chaired this committee in the Security Council in 2011-12.
In 2021, India has been asked to chair three important committees of the Security Council, including the Taliban Sanctions Committee, the Anti-Terrorism Committee and the Libya Sanctions Committee.
- Supreme Court lawyers again received threatening calls this time
- Dinner with Arvind Kejriwal at Delhi CM’s new
- Active COVID-19 cases in India highest in 241 days
- Arvind Kejriwal started AAP’s digital campaign
- Ugandan man arrested at Delhi airport with cost of heroin
- Pakistan to hand over 20 Indian fishermen to India at Wagah
- On camera, 2 health workers in Bihar fight over Rs 500
- UP Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya to Akhilesh
- In Meghalaya, politicians sing this friendship if we don’t break it
- Unaffiliated, children under 15 are not allowed