New Delhi: A total of 1,892 cases of omicron type coronavirus have been detected so far in 23 states and union territories, of which 766 have been cured or migrated, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Tuesday.
India’s Covid tally rose to 3,49,60,261 with 37,379 new cases, while active cases rose to 1,71,830, as per data updated at 8 am.
The figures showed that the death toll rose to 4,82,017 with 124 more deaths.
Meanwhile, amid rising COVID-19 cases, the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) decided to impose a weekend curfew in the national capital. Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia informed the city that buses and metro trains will again run at full capacity to avoid crowding outside metro stations and at bus stops.
Here are the live updates on coronavirus cases in India:
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Saram, Nagaland Chief
- BJP’s Miranpur candidate accused of giving provocative speech
- Supreme Court lawyers again received threatening calls this time
- Dinner with Arvind Kejriwal at Delhi CM’s new
- Active COVID-19 cases in India highest in 241 days
- Arvind Kejriwal started AAP’s digital campaign
- Ugandan man arrested at Delhi airport with cost of heroin
- Pakistan to hand over 20 Indian fishermen to India at Wagah
- On camera, 2 health workers in Bihar fight over Rs 500
- UP Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya to Akhilesh