Petrol, Diesel Prices Today: Petrol and diesel prices in metro cities remained stable for almost 34 days on Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Last month, the Delhi government reduced the value-added tax on petrol from 30 per cent to 19.40 per cent. With this, petrol prices in the national capital were reduced by Rs 8.56 per litre.
In Delhi, a liter of petrol costs Rs 95.41, while diesel costs Rs 86.67 per litre. Petrol in Mumbai is being sold at Rs 109.98 per liter, while diesel is being sold at Rs 94.14 per litre. Among metro cities, fuel rates are still the highest in Mumbai. Fuel prices vary from state to state due to Value Added Tax or VAT. ,as well Reading: How to check latest petrol and diesel rates in your city).
Petrol and diesel prices in metro cities are as follows:
State-run oil refiners like Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum revise fuel rates on a daily basis, taking into account crude oil prices and rupee-dollar exchange rates in international markets. Any change in the prices of petrol and diesel is effective from 6 am every day.
- Reliance Retail buys 54% stake in Adverb Tech for $132
- Jewelery trade body seeks reduction in gold import duty
- Radiant Cash Management Services, Veranda Learning Solutions
- Tata Motors to increase passenger vehicle rates to offset
- DoT amends telecom license to allow 5G-enabled service
- SEBI nod for Delhivery to raise Rs 7,460 crore through IPO
- OYO Hotels IPO likely to be valued at around $9 billion
- Behind the scenes preparations for India’s biggest ever LIC IPO
- Banks demand reduction in tax-free FD tenure to 3 years
- 5 stocks foreign institutional investors are buying. here is