“He was shocked when I – when he first opened the door, and you know, I was saying, ‘Hey, I just made you a hot breakfast and a cup of fruit punch,'” said trucker Jean-Carlo Gachet. told CNN. From the cab of his vehicle, still unable to get into Virginia.
He had left his home near Richmond with food for several days in his truck.
Gachet has been stuck on Interstate 95 near Dale City, Virginia, since 1 a.m. Tuesday. He was on a leg of his journey that had led him with cargo to Georgia. The second car was also stuck for seven hours.
Gachet used his microwave and heated the food bowl.
“It was him and his mom, and they were both really admirable,” Gachett said. “It was a really cool moment.”
At the time CNN spoke to Gachet on Tuesday afternoon, the highway around it had yet to reopen. Virginia transportation officials said the road should be clear of vehicles running out of gas by the end of the day.
Gachet said he still hoped to finish his load by the due date of Wednesday morning.
“But it may be delayed,” he said with a sharp smile.
- Punjab Election 2022 | “Here to save Punjab, with the people”
- UP Assembly Elections | it’s official. Akhilesh Yadav
- Steph Curry hits career’s first buzzer-beater to raise Warriors
- Names of 51 candidates in the list of BSP
- Uttar Pradesh: Akash Yadav, 300 on campus from Karhal Prakash
- American coronavirus: Covid-19 hospitalizations
- Garden made in western UP, SP Imdwar on 8 posts
- Omicron has turned the tide of a pandemic. will it end
- Daughters will inherit self acquired property of father if not
- UP Assembly Elections | Amit Shah, Yogi in West UP today