New Delhi: India reported 58,097 fresh COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, which is 55 per cent more than yesterday’s 37,379 cases. There are 2,135 cases of Omicron infection in the country, with Maharashtra having the highest number of 653 cases, followed by Delhi with 464 cases.
India is continuously intensifying the vaccination campaign across the country. People in the age group of 15-18 are being vaccinated right now. More than 147 crore vaccine doses have been given in India, marking an important milestone in the fight against COVID-19.
The recovery rate is currently 98.01 percent. At least 15,389 people have been cured in the last 24 hours. The total number of people who have been cured is 3,43,21,803.
Active cases are less than 1 per cent of the total cases, which currently stands at 0.61 per cent. The active caseload is 2,14,004.
The weekly positivity rate is 2.60 percent; The daily positivity rate is 4.18 percent.
Some 534 people have died from Covid during the period for which the latest figures from the health ministry were collected. This includes 432 deaths reported in Kerala in the last few days, which have now been added to the national count.
- Shashi Tharoor’s quip after RPN Singh’s defection:
- Eminent’s open letter on ‘violence against minorities’
- BSF all women biker team presented a thrilling spectacle
- Apex medical body ICMR study
- 46% of girls under 15 in India anemic: Study
- Video launch of Mumbai Police as Special Nirbhaya Squad
- Samajwadi Party leader Rupali Dixit
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Mangubhai Patel spoke about PM Modi
- This ‘Zero Waste’ Japanese Building Made From Donated 700
- Job aspirants set fire to train, stone to train