Jasprit Bumrah celebrates after taking the wicket of South Africa’s Aiden Markram© AFP
Markram did not cover his off-stump and his decision to release the ball as soon as Bumrah hit the stumps proved disastrous.
The Indian pacer had a smile on his face after taking the wicket, which was his second innings and helped South Africa to 17/2/
— WORLD TEST CHAMPIONSHIP NEWS (@RISHItweets123) 12 January 2022
Bumrah gave the tourists a strong start on the very first day by dismissing South African captain Dean Elgar.
Earlier, India were bowled out for 223, with Kagiso Rabada taking 4 wickets while Marco Jensen took 3 wickets.
Indian captain Virat Kohli added 79 and Cheteshwar Pujara added 43 runs.
Topics mentioned in this article
- “Can’t See How He Hasn’t Been Offered Another Contract”: Ricky
- Watch: Will take Punjab back to former glory – AAP chief
- Vinod Kambli birthday: Sachin Tendulkar extended his
- Dosa Weather:
- Former IPL cricketer R Satish claims ‘fixing approach’
- Top Upcoming Smartphones of 2022 in Hindi: Hai Hai!
- U19 World Cup: Better batting performance in India’s eyes
- Watch: Thousands defy Covid rules to participate in Karnataka
- BBL: Marnus Labuschagne named in Brisbane Heat squad
- Top Apps for Women Safety in India Explained in Hindi