Muzaffarnagar: A man has been arrested for raping a woman and forcing her to convert, police said on Wednesday.
Seven others have been booked for forced conversion, he said.
According to the victim, she fell in love with the main accused Ansar, who worked at a brick kiln, in 2015. She alleged that the man took her to a madrasa and forced her to convert.
Police said he also claimed that Ansar took her to Kukra village here and raped her.
The woman said that she met a Hindu activist, who helped her file a complaint with the police.
“A case was registered against the accused under relevant sections of IPC and Unlawful Religious Conversions Ordinance, 2020 at New Mandi police station,” a police officer said.
“Ansar has been arrested and a case has been registered against seven others in the matter,” he said.
- Karnataka not following testing policy, says top expert
- Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha meeting at different times between Kovid
- Prashant Kishor to NDTV – 3 big strengths of BJP and Prashant
- Crashed World War 2 Plane 77. found in the Himalayas after
- Air India to conduct pre-flight check-up of cabin crew
- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange allowed to appeal
- KJo on Ku before National Voters’ Day
- BJP’s ally in Manipur said, will campaign to remove
- PM honored 29 children with Bal Puraskar for innovation
- 2 teenagers trapped in heavy snowfall while trekking, died