“We just have to see where they are, see what their bodies can handle and then assess from there. I think they need to make sure they’re physically in a place where they Can reach five days of tough cricket, whatever Australia throws at them, and they are in a position where they can go out and play and, first of all, get through the game, but at the same time, Most importantly put in a performance as they also managed last week,” ESPNcricinfo quoted Root as saying.
“It’s okay to be fit to play but you have to be fit to perform and I think that’s what we have to do,” he said.
Wicketkeeper-batsman Jos Buttler has already returned home after sustaining a thumb injury in the fourth Ashes Test. Sam Billings has joined the squad and it remains to be seen whether his name is in the playing XI or not.
“When you’re on the margins, all you can do is try as hard as you can, and make sure you feel as prepared as you can. One thing about this tour and really these With all the tourism in the bubble environment, this post-Covid-19 world we currently live in, there aren’t always opportunities to go out and play and have game time,” Root said.
“But as players, you have to manage it as best you can. You have to feel like you’re preparing yourself, you’re putting yourself into practice as much as possible in those conditions. So when You get out there, you know, you’re as mentally prepared as you can be,” he added.
Australia have already sealed the Ashes by taking an unassailable 3-0 lead after the first four Tests.
The fifth and final Test will be a day-night Test and will be played in Hobart from Friday.
Topics mentioned in this article
- IND vs SA: Team India ready for the first ODI against South
- Chief Minister of Punjab | Watch: Bhagwant Mann, Your Choice
- “Can’t See How He Hasn’t Been Offered Another Contract”: Ricky
- Watch: Will take Punjab back to former glory – AAP chief
- Vinod Kambli birthday: Sachin Tendulkar extended his
- Dosa Weather:
- Former IPL cricketer R Satish claims ‘fixing approach’
- Top Upcoming Smartphones of 2022 in Hindi: Hai Hai!
- U19 World Cup: Better batting performance in India’s eyes
- Watch: Thousands defy Covid rules to participate in Karnataka