The heroics of Hanuma Vihari and Ravichandran Ashwin helped them secure a draw for the visitors in the Sydney Test.
“India’s win in Australia early last year will be considered one of the biggest wins in Indian cricket history,” Gavaskar said.
“Selecting himself after being dismissed with his lowest Test score of 36 and then beating a massive home team was for the determination shown by the players and the leadership roles played by the captain, coach Ravi Shastri and their support group. There is a tribute. “I had the privilege of being there and writing a golden chapter in the history of Indian cricket,” said the 72-year-old former right-handed opener.
To commemorate the one year anniversary of India’s victory, Sony Sports Network has produced a special documentary-series titled “Down Underdogs – India’s Greatest Comeback”, which will premiere on January 14 and Gavaskar shared his commentary to the channel. Gave.
Former Australia captain Michael Clarke, who led Australia to a 2015 ODI World Cup victory, said India deserves all the credit for fighting it out after a morale-breaking opening defeat.
“India chose an attack that worked,” Clarke said.
“Different bowlers – not everyone bowls the same way, different tactics, different skills, different weapons, so the credit for their execution goes to India, but Australia also praised their success in the first Test. Would have accepted,” said the former right-hander Batter.
(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
Topics mentioned in this article
- MS Dhoni “One Of The Fastest Cricketing Minds”, Says Former
- The status of RRB NTPC exam in Bihar has worsened
- Rohit Sharma passes fitness test, will lead India in series
- also included in the dump
- “One would be terrified of Virat Kohli who doesn’t have
- Violent protest over railway exam in Bihar, candidates set
- Netherlands fast bowler Vivian Kingma found guilty of ball
- Ghulam Nabi Azad’s Padma Award Raj
- “Fans Want India To Win World Cup”: Sanjay Manjrekar On
- First marching contingent of Republic Day Parade