New Delhi: Infosys CEO Salil Parekh on Wednesday said the company is working closely with the Income Tax Department on the next areas related to the IT portal as new modules will be added to it.
Infosys was awarded the contract to develop the new portal in 2019. It was launched in June last year and stakeholders reported glitches and difficulties in the functioning of the portal.
“On the IT project, we are extremely proud that as of December 31, as reported, 5.8 crore returns were filed through that time frame. On the same day, over 46 lakh returns were filed and the deadline was retained…” Mr. Parekh told reporters.
He also said that users were able to use the portal to file their tax returns and the company is grateful that it can contribute to the vision of Digital India.
“Going forward, we are working with the (IT) department on the next set of areas that will be part of this system as new modules are put together,” he said.
On 23 August, the Finance Ministry had “invited” Mr. Parekh to explain why problems persisted with the portal, after reports of discrepancies on the portal were reported.
Since then many technical issues have been resolved and the performance of the portal has stabilized to a great extent.
On December 16, senior officials of the ministry held a meeting with the Infosys team on the preparedness of the e-filing website during the peak filing period.
In that meeting, Infosys had informed officials about the steps it had taken, including augmenting the technical infrastructure and setting up a dedicated war room to monitor the performance of the portal.
Around 5.89 crore Income Tax Returns (ITRs) for the financial year 2020-21 (ending March 2021) have been filed on the portal till December 31, 2021. Out of the total, over 46.11 lakh ITRs were filed on December 31 alone.
- This cryptocurrency is just 24. achieves 19,650% mind-blogging in
- Finance ministry asks departments to limit spending
- Digital payments record 40% annual growth in Sep-end 2021
- What do women want from the 2022 budget?
- JSW Energy December quarter net profit doubles to Rs.
- SBI will get Rs 973 crore from the Center for payment of compensation
- Days after viral abuse video, BharatPe co-founder Ashneer
- Sensex loses 656 points on selling in IT stocks; nifty
- Paytm issues clarification on Canada App closure; share hit
- Hero Electric, Mahindra to collaborate on electric vehicle