Pune: Amid the rise in COVID-19 cases across the country, Maharashtra’s Pune district launched the “Covid-Free Villages” contest to contain the spread of COVID-19 and its omicron variant.
The competition began on January 10 in Pune district and will continue till March 15. Three best performing villages of Pune division will be awarded cash prizes by the state government in the form of development funds.
The district administration has issued detailed guidelines to explain the competition.
As per the guidelines, at the end of the competition, three best performing villages will be selected and evaluated for their performance in COVID management on 22 parameters.
The best performers will be given a prize of Rs 50 lakh for the first position, Rs 25 lakh for the second position and Rs 15 lakh for the third place village.
Aayush Prasad, Chief Executive Officer, Pune Zilla Parishad said, “In order to keep the rural area of Pune district COVID free, we have announced a competition among all the Gram Panchayats of Pune district to encourage them for better COVID management in rural areas. to be encouraged.”
“This is basically done to provide the best service to the villages to contain the outbreak of COVID-19. The winner of the competition will be given funds for the development of the respective gram panchayat,” Prasad said.
He further added, “Through this initiative, our focus is on proper COVID management and awareness generation across all gram panchayats.”
In this, the police and health officers of that level will cooperate. He said it is a part of preventive measures to protect large numbers of people from omicron spread.
- Karnataka farmer’s sweet revenge after the car showroom is operational
- Arvind Kejriwal launched “Ek Chance Kejriwal” campaign
- Must: In Varmala
- How this lawyer is helping girls teach their legal rights
- Your murder in Lakhimpur Kheri, police protection
- surpassing your godly honor
- Must See: Bride’s Flexible Steps During Varamala
- Politics on silence, Meghalaya’s political leaders sang ‘Ye’
- National Girl Child Day: Actor Taapsee Pannu appeals to the people
- UAE intercepts two ballistic missiles over Abu Dhabi