New Delhi: Sources say the BJP, which is facing a rebellion in Uttar Pradesh in the last two days with six leaders exiting, is considering fielding Yogi Adityanath from Ayodhya in the assembly elections. Sources said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to sign this proposal.
The 49-year-old chief minister hails from eastern Uttar Pradesh and has been a five-time Lok Sabha MP from Gorakhpur. However, in eastern UP, there is a churning going on for OBC leaders to leave the BJP.
Sources said, Ayodhya checks many boxes as the ongoing construction of the Ram temple has boosted its political profile for the BJP. This allows the chief minister to further and further promote his brand as a symbol of Hindutva. The temple town falls in the Awadh region, where the Samajwadi Party has traditionally been strong.
The Ayodhya seat is currently represented by Ved Prakash Gupta of BJP in the assembly.
A 10-hour marathon meeting of the Core Committee of the Bharatiya Janata Party on Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections was held on Tuesday, in which Union Home Minister Amit Shah reviewed the region and took feedback from the regional in-charges about the ground realities in the state. ,
The possibility of the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh contesting from Ayodhya was also discussed in the meeting.
The Chief Minister dressed in saffron robes is currently a member of the Legislative Council. He had recently said that the top leaders of the party are ready to contest the assembly elections from wherever they decide.
The BJP’s central election committee, whose members include Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is likely to meet soon to finalize its candidates for a large number of seats, including in the first two phases on February 10 and 14. Including voting.
Uttar Pradesh – the politically prized state – will go to polls in seven phases, starting on February 10. The counting of votes will take place on March 10.
- Winter Olympics can become ‘dangerous’ because of fake
- Violent protest over railway exam in Bihar, candidates set
- ‘Shelfies’, not selfies, provide personal insight and
- Ghulam Nabi Azad’s Padma Award Raj
- NYPD officers remembered for their service when they were
- First marching contingent of Republic Day Parade
- Vedas to Metaverse: The key shown in the tableau of the Ministry of Education
- Republic Day: BSF’s Seema Bhavani team bikes on the day
- Republic Day Parade: Naval tableau depicts 1946 mutiny; Woman
- Found in the center of hundreds of mysterious strands